WordPress & SEO: 5 Tips You Must Read!
If you thought you had to be good at SEO to optimize a WordPress site, this is not the case. WordPress is originally a search engine-friendly platform.
But WordPress is not going smoothly with such important SEO parameters as content duplicates, page title, and page description management. All this, coupled with comment pagination and the absence of a sitemap, makes it challenging to promote the site in search engines.
Here’s how to optimize your WordPress site for search engines in 5 steps.
- Buy an SEO friendly theme
After making a wordpress site (ทำเว็บไซต์ WordPress) It is best to start your website optimization by purchasing an SEO- friendly theme. How to determine if a theme is SEO-friendly:
- Layout following HTML 5 and CSS 3 standards;
- Correct placement of headings of the first and second levels;
- The site loads quickly;
- Responsive layout – the site is displayed correctly on the phone, tablet, and computer.
- You might be thinking, “Sounds great, but how do you find the right theme without being an SEO (รับทำ SEO) and web programming focus?” The answer is simple: the developers write “Optimized for search engines” or “SEO friendly” in the description of the templates.
To not waste time on searches, you can use a ready-made list of optimized themes from Elegant Themes.
If you’re still a little confused, a good option to start with is Elementor’s Hello Theme.
- Decide whether you are with WWW or not
Select which you want to see at the site: www.site.com or just site.com. Both options are acceptable.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Settings> General and enter your custom site address. My blog is displayed without WWW, so I have the following options:
- The choice of the main site address is essential. Otherwise, search engines will perceive a site with WWW and without WWW as different.
- To be correct, enter the main site address in Google Search Console. If you do not have accounts in these services yet, create them.
- Decide on the format of the links
The user will not understand what exactly this page is about.
- To customize the display of links, you need to go to Settings> Permalinks. It is better to choose the option “Post name” – then the name of the article will be displayed after the domain:
- I use a different hierarchy: first, there is the blog heading, then the article title. If you want the same structure, select the “Free option” option and write the following entry in the field: /%category%/%postname%.html
- Displaying links in Latin letters
The next step in setting up is displaying the URL in Latin letters. Remember from the last step that the URL is generated from the page title and category. This means that the URL of the article titled “Which smartphone to choose” will be: site.com/what-smartphone-choose.html.
Such a page address is terrible because it is not held in high esteem by search engines due to difficulties with encoding and by users because of the need to change the keyboard layout.
- Setting up the SEO plugin
There are two of the most powerful WordPress optimization plugins: All in One Seo Pack and Yoast SEO.
All in One Seo Pack is one of the pioneers among all WordPress plugins. Since 2007, it has been installed over 30 million times. Yoast SEO is a younger plugin and, in some ways, superior to its main competitor. Since 2010, it has been downloaded over 25 million times. Fewer downloads than All in One, but a higher rating – 4.6 stars.