QuickBooks Error 6177 [FIXED]- Four Effective Solutions of 2021
Most QuickBooks users shared that they have faced the QuickBooks Error 6177 while using the software. We understand experiencing an issue in the middle of the work might be very frustrating and hence we have prepared this article to help you to get rid of it. QuickBooks File Doctor is an incredible tool that assists the users in removing the errors from the device. Let’s learn various ways to fix the issue, including steps of QuickBooks File Doctor download.
However, it is recommended to go through the causes and symptoms of the error 6177 QuickBooks first before directly attempting the troubleshooting methods.
QuickBooks Error 6177- Brief Description
QuickBooks Error 6177 arises when the user tries to access the company file. There could be a number of reasons behind the occurrence of the issue like corrupted files, problems in connecting with the network, an outdated version of the software and many more.
While experiencing the issue the user may get the error message of QuickBooks error 6177.
Error Number: Error (-6177 0)
Error Name: QuickBooks Error Code (-6177 0)
Error Description: Error (-6177 0): QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Applies to: Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8
Reasons for the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6177
There are numerous reasons behind the occurrence of the error code 6177 QuickBooks. We have listed down some of them below. Read them very carefully to fix the problem more efficiently.
- The issue might be arising from some malware or Virus in the company files of QuickBooks.
- You could have deleted some QuickBooks related files.
- Incomplete installation or damaged versions may also give rise to this type of error.
- QuickBooks desktop does not follow the path to access the company file.
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6177 ( QuickBooks File Doctor Download)
You might now have a reasonable idea about the triggers of QuickBooks Error 6177. Now is the time to resolve the issue. Below, we have prepared all verified and tested troubleshooting solutions to fix the QuickBooks error 6177. So read the steps carefully and then perform. If you have little or no knowledge about QuickBooks then try to take some professional help to attempt the troubleshooting guide.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Get the Latest Version of QuickBooks
Sometimes the outdated version of the software also triggers an error in the system. Hence it is important to update the application to the newest version.
- First of all, try to change the location of the File from the local computer after accessing a company file.
- If you are getting any kind of issue then open the file and check the portable company file.
- Now go to the QuickBooks software and update it to the latest version.
- In case the Windows you are using is not configured then add the Firewall ports.
- Make sure to turn off the hosting while working on the client PC.
- Create a new folder.
- Then open the data file location.
- Try to move the file to the local computer and access the information.
- Access the folder that contains the company file on the computer server.
Troubleshooting Method 2: QuickBooks File Doctor Download and Install
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool introduced by the parent company of QuickBooks. The tool helps the users to find out the issue within the system and then resolve it one by one. Therefore to utilise the amazing tool the user first needs to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
After the successful installation, you can now run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and use it for QuickBooks File Repair.
Troubleshooting Method 3: Update the File Location
If the above steps did not help you to get rid of the error then try this method. In this step we will try to update the file location.
- Open the file, explorer.
- If QuickBooks is not opening the right file then try to press the F2 to get the location.
- Then search for the company file that has the ending of QBW.
- Type the name of the drive and the location.
- Move the company file from the C drive.
Troubleshooting Method 4: QuickBooks Database Manager Configuration
Another tool of QuickBooks File Repair is the database manager. Let us explore the steps to fix the issue using this method.
- First, hit on the Windows icon or Start button.
- Then select the QuickBooks software and go to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager choice.
- Hit on the Add folder and get the company file.
- Tap on the OK button.
- Repeat the above steps and select the Scan option.
- Click the Set up Folder permissions option to verify the company file.
- Turn off the hosting if you have installed QuickBooks.
The troubleshooting method should help you to resolve the QuickBooks error 6177. But, if you are still having the problem then contact the support team of Intuit QuickBooks. Comment below which method helped you to fix the problem and also share if you have any other ways to resolve it.