Different people have different reasons for preferring an alarm clock’s snooze function. We’re sure that you’re annoyed that your snooze time can’t be longer than nine minutes. But only nine minutes. change snooze time on iPhone. Yes, it applies to your iPhone as well. Since its early days, Apple has adhered to the nine-minute snooze time tradition established by mechanical alarm clocks. So, when it comes to changing the snooze time on an iPhone, you only have a few options. But we will include all of those options in this article if you promise not to be late for work because you slept through your alarm!
Why iPhone has nine minutes snooze?
Let’s see briefly that why iPhone has nine minutes snooze. Those nine minutes are an homage to the past. Early clocks had gears that made setting a snooze or snooze every 10 minutes difficult. So the mechanism was adjusted in less than ten minutes. That is, it was established in approximately 9 minutes. That was the case until the 1950s.
Later, digital clocks appeared, making it easier to repeat the alarm every 9 minutes rather than every ten, because the calculation of the new alarm could be done with a single-digit: all you need to do was take the last number of the previous alarm (5 at 6:45, for example) and subtract 1 (now 4), and the alarm would sound as soon as 4 appeared as the last figure (at 6:54 in this example)
How to change snooze time in the iPhone Clock app?
Now, let’s discuss how to change snooze time on the iPhone through its clock app. Let’s see the steps.
- Start the Clock app. At the lower side of the menu bar, tap the ‘Alarm’ icon.
- To add an alarm, go to the ‘Alarm’ page and tap on the ‘+’ icon in the top right corner.
- Set the alarm for a specific time (As an example: 06:00). Then, deactivate the ‘Snooze’ button and press the ‘Save’ button.
- You’ve already set the alarm. So, after you set your alarm, you must set a snooze cycle. If you are a quick napper, for example, a five-minute snooze cycle will save your day.
- So, click the ‘+’ icon to add another alarm (for this scenario as 06:05). Then, on the clock, deactivate the ‘Snooze’ button.
- You can add alarms as many times as you want, at any interval you want, using the same method described above.
The advantage of using this method over your iPhone’s default snooze function is flexibility. As a result, you have the option of shortening or lengthening the snooze cycle. The disadvantage is that if you wake up before the last alarm you set, you will have to physically turn off all of the other alarms.
If setting up multiple alarms bothers you, you can use a third-party Clock app from the App Store to How To change the snooze time on an iPhone.
How to change snooze time on the iPhone from a third-party clock app?
Many third-party Clock apps allow you to change the snooze time. In this article, we will present three such free applications that can be downloaded from the App Store. All of these third-party clock apps’ alarms work properly even when your iPhone is in silent mode.
Snooze durations in this app are set to 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, fifteen minutes, twenty minutes, twenty-five minutes, thirty minutes, 45 minutes, and 60 minutes. By acting out on the steps below, you can change the snooze time to any of the above durations.
- Go to the App Store and download and install the alarmy app.
- Launch the Alarmy app. Tap the “+” icon on the ‘Alarmy’ home screen to set the alarm.
- Then, on the home screen, select the ‘Snooze’ option from the menu. Choose a ‘Snooze duration’ from the drop-down menu. Tap the ‘Done’ button.
- Finally, in the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the ‘Done’ button to activate the alarm.
The disadvantage of using this app over the above method of the iPhone clock app is that it only allows you to set snooze times from ten predefined snooze time options.
2. Alarm Clock
This app has a similar interface to the iPhone Clock app, but it also has a lot of cool features. As a result, any iPhone user can easily use this app. This app, like the Alarmy app, has predefined snooze intervals ranging from 1 minute to 60 minutes.
- Get the Alarm Clock app from the App Store and install it.
- Navigate to the Alarm Clock app. On the Alarm Clock home screen, tap the ‘Alarms’ icon in the bottom menu bar.
- Then, in the top-right corner, tap the ‘+’ icon to add a new alarm.
- Set your alarm for a specific time.
- Then, under the ‘Time’ menu, select ‘Advanced.’
- Toggle the ‘Snooze’ button on. Select ‘Snooze Interval’.
- Choose a snooze interval from the drop-down menu.
3. Alarm Clock for Me
Unlike the previous two apps, this one does not have a predefined list of snooze intervals. Aside from that, you can set any snooze time you want, ranging from 1 minute to 60 minutes. If you enable the Auto Snooze feature, the alarm will be turned off in 30 seconds at the end of the snooze time if you do not turn it off manually.
- Get the Alarm Clock for Me app from the App Store and install it.
- Launch the Alarm Clock for Me application. On the bottom of the home screen, tap the ‘+’ icon.
- Select ‘Alarm’ from the pop-up menu.
- Set your alarm for a specific time. Then press the ‘Snooze’ button.
- Toggle the ‘Snooze’ button on. Then, using the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ icons, adjust the ‘Snooze Duration.’
- You can also enable the ‘Auto Snooze’ feature. However, if you are a heavy sleeper, you should avoid it.
So this is how you can change snooze time on iPhone. All the above-mentioned methods are highly easy to adopt in order to change snooze time on iPhone.